So, I had to find out how to do it manually.
I used this article to run the update:
- Be patient; Ready Everything!
- This will update you from ERE27 to FRF50. You can use the same instructions to get to FRF83. (download FRF50 to FRF83 update here).
- after step 8, you will see a box with an arrow coming out of it and a little droid. It takes a while, but don't panic. the phone is installing the update.
- The phone will do a few restarts on its own. Let them run.
Q&A For Fido Users
- Yes, the tethering option is available.